Isode Support Services Documention, Updates and Support for Isode Server and Client Products
Isode offers a full range of support services for end users, OEMs and solution partners. Support is offered at Bronze, Silver and Gold levels. These support packages come with coverage in UK office hours (9:00-17:00), excluding Public Holidays in England & Wales and include access to all major, minor and update releases.
Isode can build custom packages (which may include out-of-hours and/or 24/7 support for Priority 1 incidents), on top of Silver or Gold contracts, on request. The following table summarizes the support features of the three standard packages.
|Incident submission||Self-Service Portal
|General Assistance||Basic help with product and configuration||Basic help with product and configuration||As agreed with customer|
|Priority 1 response time||< 1 working day||< 4 working hours||< 4 working hours|
|Priority 2 response time||< 2 working days||< 1 working day||< 4 working hours|
|Priority 3/4 response time||< 3 working days||< 2 working days||< 1 working day|
Isode will also provide some general assistance and help with the Isode products as a part of the support package. Some customers may also wish to supplement this with Training and Professional Services purchased from Isode or to define custom levels of assistance as part of a Gold support package.
Support incidents are categorized into one of four priorities:
- Priority 1 (Critical) Total system outage or failure preventing processing the majority of traffic on a production system.
- Priority 2 (Serious) Serious incident on production system, causing frequent failures and business impact.
- Priority 3 (Moderate) Other incident on production, development or test system which has some service or business impact
- Priority 4 (Informational) Incident that does not have service or business impact.
Relief and Resolution
For each support incident, Isode aims to get to a relief state (return of your system to operation) as part of the initial response. Our target is to get to the relief state in 90% of incidents within three times the response time. The elapsed time does not include periods where Isode is waiting on you to provide further information to help resolve the incident.
In our experience, a full resolution of the incident occurs at the same time as relief for a large majority of incidents. For the remaining incidents, resolution requires a product change which will be provided as follows:
- Updates to resolve incidents of all priorities will be made available in future product releases, and resolution may be achieved by upgrade to a new release.
- For priority 1 and priority 2 incidents for which there is no effective relief without a product update, a “hot fix” (patch) may be provided, for example when this can be done more quickly than providing an update version.
- A priority 3 incident found on a test or development system that would be expected to lead to priority 1 or priority 2 incidents on a current or planned deployment will be treated in the same manner as priority 1 and priority 2 incidents.
- For priority 1 and priority 2 incidents for which there is no effective relief without a product update, Isode will provide a new version of the release affected by the incident where this can be achieved by reasonable effort from Isode and where the change does not introduce risk of instability in the release (e.g., because of extensive code change).